Testifying before a congressional committee and meeting with committee staffers is a critical element of the Congressional oversight function. Preparing for those meetings is vital. Sometimes money is at stake. Sometimes it is more than money — reputation.
Compass Rose has experience with Capitol Hill, Hill staff, and reporters. Based on our experience, before meeting with anyone it is prudent to seek the advice of counsel.
Representative committees include:
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Senate Armed Services Committee
- House Armed Services Committee
- Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
- House Committee on Homeland Security
There are times where media relations becomes an integral part of representation. In those instances, the firm ensures that such activity is in line with the larger legal equities at stake. Compass Rose has a history of ensuring the client’s various equities are properly balanced, particularly high-profile matters.